[Buildroot] bug when doing clean kernel build?

Kyle Hayes kyle at greenmonitor.com
Mon Jan 17 21:01:09 UTC 2011

I'm not sure if this is a code bug or a user bug :-)

I'm trying to repeat my problems with openssh segfaulting and to do
that I'm trying to build with make xconfig; make clean; make.
However, when I do this, I see that the Linux kernel, 2.6.37, is made
with Pentium Pro selected and I explicitly selected i486 in the
Buildroot config.  I can go in after the make finishes and reconfigure
the kernel again to get the right processor type.  Is this expected
behavior?

Best,
Kyle