[Buildroot] Arm build: asm error in libffi?

Dimitri Kaparis kaparis.dimitri at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 07:56:16 UTC 2011

On Thu, Aug 4, 2011 at 10:49 PM, Thomas Petazzoni
> Le Thu, 4 Aug 2011 12:40:53 +0300,
> Dimitri Kaparis <kaparis.dimitri at gmail.com> a écrit :
>
>> I'm doing a build for arm using a crosstool-ng generated toolchain
>> (gcc 4.4.6, uclibc 0.9.30.3).
>> With buildroot-2011.05 I'm getting this:
>
> I guess it's a problem with the toolchain, because here libffi builds
> just fine with an ARM CodeSourcery toolchain.
>
> Which binutils version does your toolchain has ?

20.20.1, which is the latest release available through crosstool-ng.

arm-unknown-linux-uclibc-as --version says:
GNU assembler (crosstool-NG 1.12.0) 2.20.1.20100303

Curiously, I was able to complete a build the other day on another
host. I think the only difference was I used uclibc version 0.9.32
instead of 0.9.30.3 for the toolchain. Can this be related?