[Buildroot] Gaisler sparc-leon

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Fri Sep 3 14:50:06 UTC 2010

>>>>> "konrad" == konrad  <konrad at gaisler.com> writes:

Hi,

 konrad> My shortterm goal is to get buildroot to build a linux image
 konrad> with romfs that includes libc shared and some more advanced app
 konrad> like a ssh. That should cover/test already a lot
 konrad> functionality. So far in snapgear 2.0 we only used uClibc
 konrad> static, we had made quite a few patches to uclibc, didnt submit
 konrad> them to the uclibc though. It was also a fairly old uclibc that
 konrad> we used, it seems that uclibc has gotten better in the meantime
 konrad> (while we sticked still to the old version...). I think that if
 konrad> Gaisler would switch to buildroot and Leon users would start
 konrad> using it the sparc the sparc part would be maintained and
 konrad> running.I'll press this now and will post my results

Ok, good - Shared linking on sparc indeed used to be broken as far as I
remember.

 konrad> Ps: Note at the side: If no hardware is available the
 konrad> evaluation version of the sparcleon simulator called TSIM can
 konrad> be used, so that non sparc users can run/test/verify too.

What about something a bit more standard like qemu-system-sparc? We're
already using qemu to test E.G. arm.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard