[Buildroot] MTD build failing: undefined ref's to bcopy, bcmp

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Thu Jan 7 17:37:09 UTC 2010

Le Thu, 7 Jan 2010 17:02:31 +0000 (UTC),
Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards at gmail.com> a écrit :

> I patched the bug in the mtd package so it's now building, but
> it won't run:
>
>    # flash_info
>    flash_info: can't load library 'libgcc_s.so.1'
>
> libgcc_s.so.1 appears in the staging directory,
>
>    $ find . -name libgcc_s*
>    ./output/staging/usr/arm-linux-uclibc/lib/libgcc_s.so
>    ./output/staging/usr/arm-linux-uclibc/lib/libgcc_s.so.1
>
> but it's not present in the target filesystem.

Are you using a buildroot-generated toolchain or an external toolchain ?

> Am I having all of these problem becuase I shouldn't be using
> HEAD, or am I doing something else wrong?

The MTD utils package has very recently been updated into HEAD, which
might explain why you're encountering so many failures.

  http://git.buildroot.net/buildroot/commit/?id=9400c73582326c543fae82120af3904836145655

Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons
http://free-electrons.com