[Buildroot] External Toolchain in latest stable buildroot

Teemu Keskinarkaus Teemu.Keskinarkaus at cc-systems.com
Fri Sep 11 06:55:15 UTC 2009

Hi,

I'm trying to use external toolchain in latest stable buildroot version
(2009.08). It seems that the setup has changed some from the earlier
version I was using (0.10.0svn or something like that).

Now when I configure external toolchain in use and execute make -
command I get result 'Incorret selection of the C library'. Toolchain is
EABI and uses glibc. I have tried both uClibc and glibc - settings from
the buildroot setup, but still get the same error.  (Of course that's
valid for uClibc).

With older buildroot there were no such problems and I was able to start
using external toolchain with little troubles. (Although later on I ran
in to some other problems and that's why I upgraded the buildroot).

All the documents I found are meant for older versions of buildroot and
use a little different configuration so they are not much help.

Is there something I should know/do more to get the external toolchain
to work in latest stable buildroot?

Teemu Keskinarkaus