[Buildroot] using linux 2.4 headers AND python

Tobias McNulty tobias at caktusgroup.com
Thu Mar 26 00:27:19 UTC 2009

Hamish Moffatt wrote:
>> Is that line really supposed to be there?
>
> No it isn't, but you should also have the .pyc file (unless you have set
> BR2_PACKAGE_PYTHON_PY_ONLY) so 'import os' will still work. You might
> want to build python with logging and post the log here, ie
>
> make python-dirclean python 2>&1 > pybuild.log
>
> 'svn blame' suggests this is my mistake. I use ..._PYC_ONLY so I didn't
> notice.

Cool, thanks for the quick reply.  I do have BR2_PACKAGE_PYTHON_PY_ONLY
selected, but only because that's the default.  Is PYC generally
smaller/faster?  A quick google seems to suggest that it's not much
faster..but maybe the difference is more noticeable on smaller embedded
machines.

Toby

--
Tobias McNulty