[Buildroot] I want to know how the buildroot works inside when build and install a new package

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Sat Feb 28 08:51:56 UTC 2009

>>>>> "IaMaPlAyEr" == IaMaPlAyEr  <iamaplayer at gmail.com> writes:

Hi,

 IaMaPlAyEr> I want to know how the foo.mk(the example in doc of
 IaMaPlAyEr> buildroot) pass parameter to the autotools or
 IaMaPlAyEr> ./configure, or make.

 IaMaPlAyEr> Not only just use
 IaMaPlAyEr> FOO_INSTALL_TARGET = YES
 IaMaPlAyEr> FOO_AUTORECONF=YES

 IaMaPlAyEr> but how the parameter will be used in
 IaMaPlAyEr> Makefile.autotools.in or something else?

Have a look at the top of Makefile.autotools.in, it has some
documentation of the variables.

 IaMaPlAyEr> btw, do you know the OpenWRT? It also based on buildroot,
 IaMaPlAyEr> and it has his own packages mechanism just like i2c-tools:

I'm not familiar with the fine details of how openwrt's buildroot fork
works.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard