[Buildroot] Login on a ttyS fails

Stéphane Mancini stephane.mancini at grenoble-inp.fr
Wed Sep 17 12:24:13 UTC 2008

Well, I've tried to launch ash after the boot instead of init.
I get a kernel panic :

init has generated signal 4 but has no handler for it

Rebooting in 180 seconds..

It seems that there is an "illegal instruction".

Is there a way to get the program counter and instruction code that
caused this signal ?
By the way, why the message states that "init" generates the signal
while I launched ash ?

Maybe there are troubles with my processor or the memory is getting
corrupted after I download the kernel....