[Buildroot] [buildroot 0004924]: missing makeinfo

bugs at busybox.net bugs at busybox.net
Thu Sep 11 12:47:34 UTC 2008

The following issue has been SUBMITTED.
http://busybox.net/bugs/view.php?id=4924
Reported By:                maleadt
Assigned To:                buildroot
Project:                    buildroot
Issue ID:                   4924
Category:                   Architecture Specific
Reproducibility:            sometimes
Severity:                   minor
Date Submitted:             09-11-2008 05:47 PDT
Last Modified:              09-11-2008 05:47 PDT
When configuring buildroot, it checks for availability of some essential
binaries (bison, flex, ...). makeinfo does turn up in that list (I see it
passing on the terminal when compiling), but buildroot does not halt when
makeinfo seems to be missing. It gets noted (makeinfo availible: NO), but
the build does not halt.

This causes the compilation to fail in a later stage. The only solution
then is to install makeinfo, and completely delete the build. As this
failure (on my system) got triggered after 1 hour of compiling, a lot of
valuable time gets wasted.

Issue History
Date Modified   Username       Field                    Change
09-11-08 05:47  maleadt        New Issue
09-11-08 05:47  maleadt        Status                   new => assigned
09-11-08 05:47  maleadt        Assigned To               => buildroot