[Buildroot] svn commit: trunk/buildroot/package/busybox

Daniel Laird daniel.j.laird at nxp.com
Fri Jun 27 12:49:32 UTC 2008

The main reason I do this is that I use ELDK-4.0 for part of the system.
Changing the compiler for that part of the system is not possible(easy) due
to prebuilt binaries.
However ELDK-4.0 creates a problem with busybox 1.9.X (I will try again with
1.10.X and 1.11.X).  It incorrectly strips some symbol (xstroll if I
remember) The end result being that busybox will not start as there is an
undefined symbol. (init fails)
The problem does not exist in 1.2.2.1 and does not exist if I use GCC4.2.1
based compilers.  However I cannot easily replace compiler so for now have
stuck with 1.2.2.1.
I did not raise the issue on mailing lists as I am trying to move compilers
and thus make the problem go away.  However that takes time and I would
rather that buildroot marked things as deprecated for now instead of
removing support.

Cheers
Dan