[Buildroot] make clean not so clean

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Fri Feb 1 08:34:17 UTC 2008

On Fri, 1 Feb 2008, Ormund Williams wrote:

> On Thu, 2008-01-31 at 21:02 -0800, jake sullivan wrote:
> > I'm not sure how to go about fixing this, but I have been able to
> > recreate an annoying little bug (that I think is the source of a
> > number of other newb problems).
> >
> ...(snip)...
> > My gut says to update "make clean" to delete all the config files (and
> > basically everything but the source files), but before I put work into
> > making and testing a patch, I want to make sure that is the right
> > approach...
> >
> Don't know about "Right Appraach", but I just locate my download
> directory outside the Buildroot tree.
>
> Under: Build Options --->
>
> 	$(BASE_DIR)/../dl) Download dir

to save me the trouble of pawing through the source, if you override
the default download directory (of "dl"?), does that mean a "make
distclean" will leave all the downloads alone?  thanks.

rday
Robert P. J. Day
Waterloo, Ontario, CANADA

Home page:                                         http://crashcourse.ca