[Buildroot] avr32: lbipthread problem

Bernhard Gödel bernhard.goedel at gmx.at
Tue Dec 23 10:38:42 UTC 2008

Hi,

I'm trying to build a toolchain based on uClibc for the AVR32. I'm using
  buildroot-20081120 (as I had problems with binutils in newer
snapshots). I've configured threading support to NPTL, don't know
whether the compile error below happens also with other configurations.

I'm experiencing the following issues:

1. The file tls.h is missing.
In order to overcome a problem with the missing tls.h I created an empty
file named tls.h in
/buildroot/toolchain_build_avr32/uClibc-0.9.29-avr32-2.1.5/include

2. __THROW undefined in pt-machine.h
/libpthread/linuxthreads/sysdeps/avr32/pt-machine.h:16: error: expected
',' or ';' before '{' token

Reason for that was obviously that the __THROW definition was missing in
this file. I simply defined it as blank in the same file because I
didn't figure out where the original definition of this preprocessor
macro is.

3. The file sysdep-cancel.h is missing
I created an empty file in
/buildroot/toolchain_build_avr32/uClibc-0.9.29-avr32-2.1.5/libpthread/linuxthreads
to overcome this problem.

4. finally I'm stuck with this one:
configure: error: Pthreads are required to build libgomp
make[2]: *** [configure-target-libgomp] Error 1

Any suggestions are welcome :-)

Bernhard