[Buildroot] New package util-linux-ng

Steffen Schulz pepe_ml at gmx.net
Tue Aug 12 15:41:03 UTC 2008

On 080812 at 10:00, Bernhard Fischer wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 11, 2008 at 07:01:57PM +0200, Steffen Schulz wrote:
> >On 080810 at 07:27, Steffen Schulz wrote:
> >> - util-linux still wants to compile even though it was not selected and
> >>   removed from Config.in
> >> - with util-linux-ng.mk, the are no errors, the package is simply ignored
> >
> >Maybe I should have phrased that more like a question. I have a similar
> >problem now with a strongSwan package I need in buildroot.
> >
> >I created a .mk that uses makefile.autotools.in. I select the new
> >packet in menuconfig and type make, but the package is simply ignored.
>
> Make sure to run 'make oldconfig' or menuconfig so the package shows up
> in .config ?

I did a menuconfig and selected the packages. And indeed .config says:

BR2_PACKAGE_strongSwan=y
BR2_PACKAGE_UTIL-LINUX-NG=y

But they are still ignored when typing 'make'. No directories in
/build_i686/ and no errors.

Most notably, when I replace the .mk files with equivalents that don't
use Makefile.autotools.in, both packages are processed. So I guess I
miss some magic in my .mk files?

/steffen