[Buildroot] Creating a bootable filesystem image?

Arun Reddy reddyac at gmail.com
Mon Apr 14 17:09:55 UTC 2008

One more message before I await some more feedback. Following Sebastian's
advice, I am trying to play around with buildroot's menuconfig to try to
make the FS image larger. I have gone into:

Target filesystem options -> ext2 root filesystem.

There are three selections: size in blocks, inodes, reserved blocks
percentage. They are all set to 0 right now for auto calculation. Clearly
autocalculation is only making the FS "big enough" and adding the extra
features from GRUB simply won't fit.

Rather than ask what you guys selected, can anyone direct me on where I can
find out more information about these buildroot options, or a buildroot
guide on how to properly select the FS size? Or do you guys think I should
just experiment and make them a large size to see if this works? I think the
former is better since I would actually know what these options do. Thanks!

Arun