[Buildroot] Linking on x86

John Voltz john.voltz at gmail.com
Mon Apr 21 18:45:40 UTC 2008

Hi,

I've been working on an x86 filesystem in buildroot, and I'm having some
issues with linking. Some packages, gtk in particular, are linking against
the host libraries. When I attempt to run anything gtk based on the target,
it complains that it can't find libc.so.6, libm.so.6, libdl.so.2, etc. If I
create the links, then I get "could not resolve __lxstat64 in
libgtk-x11.so.2" (obviously, it got linked against the glibc on the host)

What I would like to know is, is there an easy way to prevent the linker
from being able to see /lib and /usr/lib when it is linking? Maybe a patch
to binutils or something?

Thanks,

John Voltz