[Buildroot] BSP patch

Ulf Samuelsson ulf at atmel.com
Mon Apr 30 13:37:13 UTC 2007

>> > We need to better differentiate between arch and cpu (generally, not in
>> > your board support patch).
>> >
>> > Applying your patch now locally. Let's see..
>> >

>> Thank You,
>>
>> So far the patch does not create anything, only defines locations.
>>
>> The beef is in the patches that follows
>> but I plan to submit the AVR32 toolset patches first.
>>
>> The idea is to avoid keeping the toolset patches
>> inside the buildroot,and instead download the patches
>> before they are applied.
>
> Mind sharing the the next patchset with us, so we can see where
> you are going with this?  I do like the general idea and I
> recognize the need to make changes such as you describe.  But I
> would like to have a chance to review the actual changes you plan
> to implement should this be applied...
>
> -Erik

I did send you my preliminary buildroot quite some time ago,
and published a script which downloads and build buildroot
one week ago.

This new script will build the following board:
* at91rm9200df,  at91sam9260dfc, at91sam9261ek, at91sam9263ek
(Fragments of avr32 support is there but not tested lately)

Except for the root file system (in ext2/jffs2) it also builds:

* linux-2.6.20.4    now defined in target/linux/Config.in; Makefile.in
* u-boot-1.2.0
* at91bootstrap-2.3
* datflashboot-1.05

everything "configurable" or board dependent builds in the

target_build_$BR2_ARCH)/$(BR2_HOSTNAME)

(Linux/U-boot/Busybox/root/at91bootstrap/dataflashboot)

and results are published in

binaries/$(BR2_HOSTNAME)

Note that BR2_HOSTNAME is used instead of BR2_BOARD_NAME
since they refer to two different things.
You can build several versions of the same board so
you can have several .config files with a common BR2_BOARD_NAME
but BR2_HOSTNAME differs.

What else is required to move on ?

Best Regards
Ulf Samuelsson                ulf at atmel.com
Atmel Nordic AB
Mail:  Box 2033, 174 02 Sundbyberg, Sweden
Visit:  Kavallerivägen 24, 174 58 Sundbyberg, Sweden
Phone +46 (8) 441 54 22     Fax +46 (8) 441 54 29
GSM    +46 (706) 22 44 57

Technical support when I am not available:
AT90 AVR Applications Group: mailto:avr at atmel.com
AT91 ARM Applications Group: mailto:at91support at atmel.com
AVR32 Applications Group        mailto:avr32 at atmel.com
http://www.avrfreaks.net/;            http://avr32linux.org/