[Buildroot] How to use a buildroot disk image.

Philippe Ney philippe.ney at pardes.ws
Wed Nov 1 21:23:26 UTC 2006

> I'm really sorry if I missed this in the documentation, but how do I
> install the file system image to an actual disk drive.  I have tried
> using dd to write it to the disk as super block and also just to the
> first partition, but this has not worked.  Thanks in advance.

Depends on the fs type you generated.

If you generate an ISO image, you could burn it on a cdrom or run it with
qemu. And if you generate an ext2 fs, you would access it through a loop
device for example.

Now, if you want to generate something like a firmware that contain a
full system, you will have to write your own installer (I guess).

Philippe